Preparing your business trip to Berlin
Did you just land in Berlin, and are looking for a two-minute guide to the city?
You're in luck! This article gathers the top information you need for a fast trip there.
Getting to the center of the city from the airport
Located at 8 kilometers from the city center, the TXL airport is Berlin’s biggest airport. Public transportation transport services are available, linking the airport to the rest of the city. The JetExpressBus TXL, which leaves the airport every 20/30 minute, from 04h50am to 23h00pm is most likely the best option, costing only 2,80€, and lasting 40 minutes to get to the center. Three other lines also connect the airport to the city: the 128, 109 and X9.
How to move around in the city ?
- Metro/U-Bahn: Berlin has 173 stops scattered across 10 metro lines. Metros run from 4.00AM to 1.30AM, passing every 2 to 4 minutes
- Bus: With its dense bus network, Berlin has 300 routes, amongst which lines 100 and 200 are the most touristic
- Tramway: There are 22 tramway lines, exclusively in the east of the city
- S-Bahn: The city's train system has 15 lines and 166 stops. It runs from 4AM to 1AM
⟶ For all transports, a simple ticket costs 1,30€, and a 24-hour card costs 6,10€.
Berlin is rich in restaurants covering cuisines from around the world. Here are a few that we recommend you enjoy with your clients and colleagues:
- Kin Dee ($$$): Perhaps the city's best, this restaurant combines fine dining and Thai food
- Nobelhart & Schmutzig ($$$$): Offering exclusively local dishes by chef Billy Wagner
- Frea ($): Serving local and simple dishes as the first zero-waste vegan restaurant
- Madame NGO ($): For Vietnamese gastronomy at its best.
- The Bird ($$): Offering a wide range of burgers you must taste
- Eins44 ($$): An originally designed restaurant serving haute cuisine in the industrial setting of a former schnapps factory
Where to stay
Here is a list of 7 of Berlin's hotels that have applied Covid-appropriate measures to ensure traveller security:
- Catalonia Berlin Mitte****
- Hotel Berlin Mitte by Campanile***
- Mövenpick Hotel Berlin****
- Mercure Hotel Berlin Mitte***
- Hôtel Zoe by Amano Group***
- Steigenberger Hotel Am Kanzleramt****
- Mercure Berlin Alexanderplatz***
Here are the top 3 places to visit while on a short visit to Berlin:
This neo-Baroque edifice, home to the German Bundestag (Parliament), has survived wars, the Nazi regime, fire and bombing. You must book in advance by filling in an online form at visite.bundestag.de in order to visit this symbol of a new era in German politics.
- Brandenburg Gate
Historically an old city gate, Brandenburg Gate was rebuilt around 250 years ago. Famous as an edifice witnessing major historical events, it still stands today. Located next to the Reichstag, you can hit two birds with a stone by visiting both monuments.
- Berlin Cathedral
The cathedral's architecture will leave you in awe both from the exterior and interior. Don't forget to head downstairs to learn more about the crypts and history of the building.