Rail Covid-19 policies
Updated 2 September 2020
The Covid-19 outbreak has not only impacted airlines and hotels, but also rail. This excellent resource provides a great summary of the critical information you'll need to be safe and prepared while travelling by train. It includes:
- Important safety measures (wearing a mask is mandatory to board trains)
- Booking, refund, and travel policies for TGV/Intercités/Ouigo, TER, Eurostar, TGV Lyria, Thalys, and more
- Measures in place by the French government
- Information about rail traffic
- Information about SNCF services
If you need to use the Transilien network during your trip, you must:
- Wear a mask throughout your journey
- Carry a valid ticket along with a document proving your identity
For more information, visit the Transilien website.
If you need any other help regarding future rail trips, please chat with us directly on the platform or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Our Customer Care team will revert promptly.
Change & cancellation policy
In just a few clicks you can cancel your TGV Inoui, Ouigo, TER connection, and Intercités ticket free of charge. You must do so prior to departure. This offer is valid for trips through to 1 November 2020 (inclusive) regardless of the fare conditions of your ticket.
For information on rail health & safety measures, please visit this link. It will allow you to determine which rail providers have non-contact check-in, physical distancing procedures, temperature control checks, and other measures in place.
Note: links from this article may land on exclusively French websites or documents
Other related articles you might like: