Airports: new measures and status updates
Updated 15 September 2020
Since the Coronavirus outbreak, several new safety measures have been introduced in many airports. Most importantly, expect additional delays and plan extra time for your journey.
What are some measures you can expect?
- Completing a medical history questionnaire to determine the likelihood you are infected and for potential contact tracing should you become ill
- Screening of passengers for high temperature and Covid-19 symptoms resulting in longer queues at check-in, security, boarding, and other areas
- Electronic check-in to minimising queuing at the main check-in desk to increase social distancing
- Requirements to wear face masks throughout the airport
For more detailed information on some major airports in Brazil, China, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, the United Arab Emirates, the United Kingdom, and the USA, please download or see below our summarised airport cheat sheet.
We highly recommend following World Health Organization advice while travelling.
If you need information about an airport that is not mentioned in our list, feel free to contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Other related articles you might like:
- Airline Covid-19 policies
- Covid-19 travel restrictions by country
- Air France Covid-19 policies
- Covid-19 Resources